Tuition and Fees
The State of Florida and Miami-Dade County Public Schools policies permit enrollment in adult education programs to those individuals who have officially withdrawn from high school and have reached the age of 16 years old.
All students seeking enrollment in an Adult General Education (ABE, Citizenship, ESOL, and GED) or Career/Technical Education (Vocational/Technical) program are required to pay tuition as established by the Florida Legislature.
Students enrolling in a Career/Technical Education program who have lived in the State of Florida during the past twelve (12) consecutive months are considered “in-state” students and their tuition will be calculated at the “in-state” rate. Students not meeting are considered “out-of-state” students and their tuition will be calculated at the “out-of-state” rate.
A list of the approved documents for the verification of “in-state” status may be obtained at the link below.
The tuition for Career/Technical Education classes is based on the number of student contact hours. Tuition and fees are collected each trimester at the time of registration for classes. Cash or credit cards are acceptable forms of payment.
- In-State Career/Technical Education Program Rate … $ 2.56 / hour
- Out-of-State Career/Technical Education Program Rate … $ 10.25 / hour
- Adult General Education (ABE, Citizenship, ESOL, and GED) … $ 30.00 / per trimester
- Career/Technical Education Program – Student Application Fee … $ 15.00 / per trimester
- Adult General Education – Testing Fee … $ 5.00 / per trimester
- Student Identification Badges … $ 5.00 / per trimester
Other Fees and Costs
Other fees and costs such as materials, laboratory, textbooks, tools, and uniforms vary according to the Career/Technical Education program.